PHOTO OF THE DAY: OLD CHURCH
This photo shows the Bethany Mennonite Church as is stood in 1925 after growth in the congregation prompted church leaders to expand the original structure that had been built 27 years earlier. The remodel included rotating the original structure 90 degrees from its east-west axis to a north-south direction and expanding to the east. The was the congregation’s home until a fire destroyed the church building on Nov. 4, 1945. A new church building — the present building — was constructed on the same location and was dedicated in the spring of 1952. The educational wing was added 12 years later.