This is a look at Freeman Public when it was located on what is today Lions Park. The school faced the street that today is Juniper Street, near Railway. The stately building opened to students in 1901 and was in operation until 1923, when a late-afternoon fire destroyed the structure. The school was rebuilt on what was then the eastern edge of Freeman, on Wipf Street, and served students in all grades until the current junior-senior high school was built in 1975-76. The Wipf Street building then served as Freeman Elementary until the current school opened in 2009 and was torn town.